Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A trip to Mt. Lassen

One great thing about living in Northern California is being able to explore all the places that I once went as a kid. This weekend, Jedrek, bruce and I were able to take a day trip to Lassen, a place I only remember from a picture I have of my mom, brother and I. It was a beautiful drive up, passing many potential camping spots and flowing waterfalls. When we arrived to the mountain, we both could not believe the amount of snow that was still there! I am talking about banks about 5 feet above our car - it was crazy. You were only able to drive about 500 feet into the park to check out a few of the geyser that are simmering away. We took the opportunity to stretch our legs and smell some sulphur.






On our way back home, we stopped in Red Bluff for burgers at Buds Jolly Cone and a little antique shopping. We totally lucked out and a box full of camera stuff for just 20 bucks! It sounds like the lady just wanted to get rid of it, but we scored a super 8 camera, projector, an old point-and-shoot, and all these lighting kits from the 50's - ps everything was in mint condition. Check out this happy customer..




No comments:

Post a Comment